On Wednesday, I took a quick day trip down to Washington, DC to attend a special social media event at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. The event was a preview of the “Outside the Spacecraft” exhibit that would open the next day (January 8, 2015) and run until June.
This select group of social media fans learned about the exhibit from:
- General Jack Dailey, director of Air and Space
- Dr. Jennifer Levasseur, curator of “Outside the Spacecraft”
- Lisa Young, conservator
- Richard Bentham, “Outside the Spacecraft” designer
- James Ragan, former aerospace engineer and now with Omega watches
- Michael Lopez-Alegria, former NASA astronaut and ISS commander
Check out my Storify for this event in addition to the photos below.
Can’t make it to DC? Check out the Smithsonian’s online exhibit.